The summer is here & so is the much awaited summer holidays!
The little darlings who are an excited bundle of energy can soon enough turn into fussy little brats & rain their wrath on you!
But don?t blame them. Blame the summer!
Come midday & the heat can turn even the most patient person into irritable freaks!
Such is the power of summer!
What you will really want to do is relax with cool cucumber slices on your eyes and a glass of chilled lemonade in your hand. WAIT! What about the kids? Will they allow you to have that luxury!
So what if we told you we might have something to keep the kids preoccupied? What if they make the lemonade while you keep a lazy eye on them?
With a little help from you, your tiny master chefs can make these mouth-watering recipes.
Yes! These recipes are that simple! & perfect for summer!
1. WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS:
- Cut a watermelon in half.
- Scoop out the insides/ or your kid may.
- Ask your kid to stir in 1 packet watermelon flavoured gelatine mix & sugar into slightly warm water, till it dissolves completely.
- Pour into the scooped watermelon & refrigerate for 2-4 hrs (till set)
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds to complete the look!
- Cut in slices & serve!
2. NO BAKE CHOCOLATE BISCUIT CHEESECAKE:
Once you gather the ingredients, this recipe makes for an easy & yummy dessert!
For the Crust:
- 1? cup chocolate biscuits or Cookie (crumbled)
- 4 tbsp Butter (melted)
For the Filling:
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 250 gm Cream Cheese (softened)
- ? cup Caster Sugar
- 24 biscuits or Cookies (coarsely chopped)
- 12 mini Cookies
How to make chocolate Cheesecake:
- Mix cookie crumbs with butter in a bowl and spread it pressing into a pie pan. Refrigerate it for a while.
- Take cream in a bowl and beat until it forms into firm peaks. Freeze it for a while.
- Beat cream cheese in a fresh bowl until it is smooth.
- Mix in sugar well. Then add chopped Oreo cookies to it.
- Mix in beaten cream and spread it over the crust equally.
- Add on mini cookies and refrigerate it covered for 4 hrs.
- MANGO-SAFFRON SMOOTHIE:
Summers & mangoes are synonymous! Can you imagine summers without mangoes?
We definitely can?t!
- 1/2 kg ripe Mangoes
- 1 cup Sugar (powdered)
- 5 cups Milk (chilled)
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- Peel mangoes and chop them into cubes.
- Add mango cubes, milk, sugar and saffron; blend it until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into small bowls.
- Serve it chilled.
4. COLD COFFEE :
- Crushed Ice – ? glass
- Full Cream Milk/ Whole Milk (chilled) ? 2 glasses
- Instant Coffee (of your choice) ? 2 tsp
- Sugar to taste
How to make Cold Coffee
- Take a blender, add all the ingredients together and blend it until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into tall glasses.
Enjoy it immediately.
You may add ice-cream of your choice.