Chaat! Wow, sounds great isn?t it. But Alas! The calories?
Well, as usual the thought of chaat usually triggers your calorie counter immediately since chaats are normally associate with fried food with lots and lots of fatty acids.
Well, I have got here a very tasty, yet low calorie chaat.
Yes, believe me, this chaat provides you plenty of proteins, vitamins, iron and a big filing feeling. What else do you want?
Sprouts Chaat ?The Ingredients
You can use any sprouts or a mixure of sprouts too would do (A mixture of green grams, chickpeas ?both white an black and other grams would soothe your eyes too).
- So one cup of these sprouts
- ? cup finely chopped onions
- ? cup finely chopped tomato
- ? tsp cumin seeds
- 1/ tsp of chilly powder or 1 green chilly finely chopped(avoid chillies if you are serving for kids)
- ? tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1tsp chaat masala or amchur powder
- 1tsp oil
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
Sprouts Chaat ?Preparation
- Steam the sprouts for five minutes. Take care not to cook them fully.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds, after it is tempered, toss in all the other ingredients.
- Just toss a few times and remove from the stove.
- Now add lemon juice, amchur powder and coriander leaves.
Your chaat is ready to serve. This is a very tasty and healthy diet that would fit into any meal such as your breakfast, brunch or dinner.
It is very easy to prepare and takes just 10 minutes. It makes a good tea time snack especially when you have sudden health concious guests.