QUINOA- quinoa is a flowering plant belongs to amaranth family. It is grown as a grain crop. And pronounced as “keen-wah”. It has a delicious taste with lots of medicinal benefits. Quinoa is also used as a substitute for rice in some areas. Here are few of the Medicinal Benefit Of superfood Quinoa That Would Amaze You
1. Quinoa has maximum amount of protein in it.
2. it contain iron which helps in keeping our red blood cells healthy.
3. Due to presence of iron in quinoa, It aids in energy metabolism , neurotransmitter synthesis, enzyme activity.
4. Quinoa contains high amount of manganese.
5. Manganese helps in preventing damage of red blood cells and mitochondria during energy production.
6. It is one of the most popular health food.
7. The amount of fiber found in quinoa is much higher than any other grains.
8. For vegans it works as a complete healthy diet food with all the basic nutrients.
9. The seeds of quinoa are gluten-free.
10. There are different types of quinoa. Like:- white quinoa, black quinoa, red quinoa, quinoa flakes, quinoa flour.
11. Quinoa also contains QUERCETIN, KAEMPFEROL.
12. Quercetin act as an antioxidant.
13. Which helps in allergies, cardiovascular diseases.
14. On the other hand – kaempferol helps in reducing the risk of cancer.
15. Kaempferol also helps in various treatment of cancer these days.
16. Quinoa is said to be the least allergic of all the Grains.
17. Superfood Quinoa contains high amount of magnesium, which can have a wonderful effect on metabolic health.
18. Quinoa is particularly high in LYSINE which aids in tissue growth.
19. It also packed with healthy fats that can boost your good cholesterol.
20. Quinoa contains almost twice the quantity of fibre than any other seed which helps in boosting DIGESTION.
21. Any person who try to be on a gluten free diet can rely on Quinoa because it is easy to digest and does not contain any gluten.
22. It has a sweet, and grassy flavor which makes it easy to add in any recipe one can like.
23. It is also called as SUPERGRAIN.
24. This food contains all the essential AMINO ACIDS.
25. It contains LYSINE which are very hard to find in any other grains.
26. It also have a low GLYCEMIC INDEX, thereby keeping your blood sugar levels under control.
27. Quinoa is also pretty high in OXALATES, which reduces the absorption of calcium.
28. Metabolic health is being in control with daily consumption of quinoa superfood.
29. Daily consumption of Quinoa instead of other grains which have high amount of gluten can control or reduced blood sugar levels, insulin and triglyceride levels.
30. If we allow the seeds to sprout, might increase the antioxidant content even further.
31. Well, it can also used to control the body weight of a person.
32. Quinoa interestingly have various properties that can help in maintaining the body weight by boosting metabolism or reducing appetite.
33. The high amount of fiber, decreases the hunger and leads to eat a fewer calories.
34. QUINOA unlike wheat and barley does not grows on grass instead it grows on edible seeds.
35. For an average-sized adult female one cup of QUINOA is over 17% of what USDA recommends for daily protein intake.
36. Quinoa seeds boast a great protein to carbohydrate ratio.
37. QUINOA also contains an antioxidant known as QUERCETIN, Which has a significant success in stopping the spread of lung cancer.
38. Its anti inflammatory nutrients also makes it a great addition to a healthy heart diet.
39. Consuming quinoa one time in a day provides you almost tenth of the potassium you need.
40. Potassium helps in reducing the risk of stroke and lowers blood pressure naturally.
Quinoa is turning out to be the most important grain in upcoming days. The nutritious value of quinoa making it a very healthy diet for daily life. Quinoa’s consumption must be added in everyone’s plate. It can be cook in any way.