When I came across the prompt of the day in #WTFOW I was totally into thinking which map to feature because the prompt of the day 3 is to Feature a map to a real or virtual destination.
Well, I was apprehensive of whether I need to decide upon a destination or not. That doubt was cleared and
Mind Map – What it is
A mind map basically is dotting down your ideas in any order you want. deciding what comes first or next follows when you have finally brought down all your ideas of a particular subject.
Allotting a hierarchy will make you get organised better and remember the map when you require.
Wikipedia says A mind map is a diagram used to visually organize information. A mind map is hierarchical and shows relationships among pieces of the whole. it is often created around a single concept, drawn as an image in the center of a blank page, to which associated representations of ideas such as images, words and parts of words are added. Major ideas are connected directly to the central concept, and other ideas branch out from those.
How Can You Use A Mindmap For Parenting
Do you remember what we do every leave home – Yes! get the blessings of our parents. In North India I have found that everytime a person meets people elder than himself a quick touching the feet happens.
This blessing, wanting one to be happy and safe is a sort of mindful guidance. And this can be with training made to work better and directed towards a particular focal point.
As a parent you can use mindmap to mindfully guide your child as one of the many mindful parenting techniques I teach as part of my mindfulness courses.
How DO You Start Guiding Your Children Through MindMaps
Basically you need to first learn to become mindful as a person yourselves. This will help you to concentrate more. More concentration is the norm to mentally mindfully guide your child.
You can on the other hand teach mindfulnesss to children too, however mindmaps work better when it comes to guiding children from the time you are pregnant and when the child is too young to learn mindfulness.
Believe me I have found young moms decide the future of their children through regular mindfulness practice and using mindmaps.
Starting Your Mind Map
Begin by writing down the your priorities as a parent and what you would want in your child. It can be anything from curriculum, extra curriculum or behavior anything. I am more of a behavioral guiding mom, I try to make them responsible persons rather than successful persons.
You can do the following steps every morning when you get up. I prefer doing it first thing after I finish taking my thyroid medicine.
- close your eyes
- remember the mind map
- travel through it towards the direction you want
- Visualize your child going through the journey.
- for example if you have chosen badminton as a sport you feel your kid would be great at and would shine in future, visualize your child getting ready with all his gear.
- going to his practice sessions, practicing and winning matches.
- You can see him getting a cup, you feeling proud, and everyone around applauding.
- make this a daily practice.
- In no time you would see your child actually following such a routine.
- This mindful guidance of your child is a very strong weapon and you need to make sure to handle it carefully.
- You can join my mindfulness course in which I guide you through these steps with audio classes