The National Policy for Children, 1974, declared children to be a ‘supreme national asset’.
Yes! The country has pledged to secure and safeguard all the needs of our the Nation’s children – Her so called asset.
However, we are in 2016 and yet do not find adequate actions being taken to safeguard these National assets.
The latest NCRB data shows that the crime against children is on rise. The incidents of crime against children rose from 2.13 lakh in 2010 to 3.37 lakh in 2014 (58% increase in crime against children). And it is increasing by the day.
Many times we are let to feel that we as parents are responsible for the safety of our kid, however, there are moments when we need a third eye to watch over our children.
The Navi Mumbai Day Care Abuse Trauma
The new era seemed to be a blessing to women!
Yes! Seemed to, women began building careers, raising their voices and becoming independent.
The society improved and let her out of her home to establish herself better. However the options available for childcare is very less.
I have heard stories from moms of how they get depressed thinking of their child with some unknown person. The Navi Mumbai incident was daunting and terrifying.
The merciless thrashing of your child by an employee is the worst a parent can take.
Your child is very precious and all the hard work we do is for that very child’s better living and happiness, if someone so much as tries to raise a voice in front of your child you get angry, Just think if he/she were thrown around, kicked – Unimaginable- right.
SO how do you check an employee in a day care.
6 Identity Checks To Do Before Finalizing a Day Care
Day care centers are mushrooming everywhere by the minute. It is important for you to choose the one that is safe for your child.
Here are 6 things you need to check in a day care center employee before choosing a day care.
- Current and Previous Addresses – make sure to personally have a check of the location to make sure you have got the right address. You can for a group with other parents and do this check.
- Adhar Card Identification – cross check online. You can do it from Adhar verification site
- Drivers Licence Verification
- Reference form current and Previous Employer
- Family Details from Ration Card – Ask about others in family
- One Month Video Recording from the current working place, to check the behaviour with other children.
What Our Government Offers In Child Care Context
The Ministry of Women and Child Development has been allocated a whopping Rs 17408 crores in 2016-17 to be spent on health , education, development and Protection of children of this country.
(It was Rs 17352 crores last year)
Miserably paltry amounts are allocated for child safety and protection which also have not been utilized efficiently for the expected outcomes for children. Thus the condition of safety measure have remained far from secure over a few decades now.
Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS)
The government of India introduced a centrally supported comprehensive scheme in 2009-10 called the Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS) to bring several existing child protection programmes under one umbrella.
The financial resources allocated to this scheme is mainly aimed at funding schemes such as shelter homes, observation homes, open shelters, JJ Boards, adoption centers, non-institutional care etc.
This by far is the only scheme that is proposed for the protection of children against various kinds of exploitation. You can see the scenario of funding for this scheme here.
The government though has a huge responsibility towards the safety of the children- Her national Asset, we seldom see anything on field.
So what should we do?
Here is the recent action taken in the Navi Mumbai Case
Navi Mumbai monster maid screamed: Why don’t these kids die – News
These were the Guidelines Issued By Navi Mumbai Commissioner Hemant Nagrale
- Every centre will have to register with the police station under whose jurisdiction it comes.
- Every centre must have CCTV cameras installed and the footage screened by those running it every 24 hours. It will be mandatory to save data of at least 30 days. With the help of technology, the CCTV cameras should be linked with parents’ computers or mobile phones.
- Police verification will be mandatory for all staff members working in day-care centres.
- Every centre will have to maintain a register in which in and out time of each child is recorded. Parents’ signatures will be mandatory when the child is going out of the centre.
What Can We Do
Let us, bloggers write about this issue and tag #PMO to our posts. Write a post on the issue and your suggestions to the issue.
Link up with the linky here at #MondayMommyMoments.
Share posts of others with #PMO #MMM on Twitter
Lets make this work for the benefit of all new moms and working moms.
Safety Of Children Is Paramount and Next to None.
How to participate in
Every Sunday we will give you a prompt.
Follow menakabharathi & Deepagandhi1 on twitter for updates and prompts.
Write a blog post on the prompt given.
Use the badge at the end of the post.
Link up with Menaka or Deepa.
Read, comment, and share on at least two more posts linked in the party
#MondayMommyMoments when you share on social Media so that we can find your posts easily and Retweet you.