The benefits of eating fast food outweigh the long-term implications for most people, Do your know the Health Hazards of Fast Food?
However, once you read these reasons why all those trips to the drive through may be slowly killing you, you may just want to stop eating fast food after all.
Here are ten very good reasons why you should stop eating fast food:
Fast food makes you fat.
- A 15-year study of over 3,000 people found that eating fast food is linked to weight gain and insulin resistance.
- In others words, fast food makes you fat and increases your risk of type 2
Fast food is addictive.
- The more you eat fast food, the more you crave it.
- If you eat fast food once a week or more, you may be addicted to it.
Fast food eggs are definitely not the breakfast of champions.
- Breakfast sandwiches at fast food restaurants are a true modern marvel of chemistry.
- The ?egg? sandwich at Subway, for example, has ingredients like glycerin, which is found in soap, and dimethylpolysiloxane, a type of silicone found in Silly Putty and many lubricants.
Fast food is affecting your kids.
- According to the CDC, childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and tripled in adolescents in the past 30 years.
- Kids have an amazing ability to recall ads they?ve seen.
- Fast food marketers know this, and design ads accordingly.
Fast food burgers don’t have much burger in them.
- One study found that most fast food burgers are composed of about 50 percent water and the actual meat content is only 2.1 to 14.8 percent.
- So the rest of it are only made of chemical fillers and preservatives, mostly. That?s why we see read horror stories about burgers that don?t go bad.
Fast food, chicken nuggets are even nastier than burgers.
- Many chicken nuggets at fast food restaurants contain a chemical preservative called TBHQ, which can cause nausea, vomiting and even death.
- Fast food chicken nuggets and patties are still made from mechanically-separated chicken, which is a slimy mixture that?s created from the processed bones and carcass of leftover chickens.
Even healthy fast food isn’t that healthy.
- Fast food restaurants are catering to consumer demands to produce healthier options.
- The problem is, their definition of ?healthy? is quite lax.
- One of the healthiest dishes at Burger King, the Garden Fresh Salad Chicken Caesar with TENDERGRILL Chicken and dressing, still has almost 500 calories and 28 grams of fat, and nearly a day?s worth of sodium.
Fast food sodas are loaded with sugar.
- High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is the cheap sweetener most fast food restaurants use in their sodas, desserts, and many other products.
- Princeton University researchers linked HFCS consumption to obesity in an animal study.
- Rats given HFCS gained more weight and body fat than those given table sugar.
It can cause depression in teenagers
- Because of all the hormonal changes, going on in a teenager?s body, they need a healthy diet to ward off mood swings and behavioral issues.
- Teenagers that eat more junk food than fresh food are nearly 60% more likely to suffer from depression.
It can affect the functioning of the brain
- In a study conducted by the journal ?Brain, Behavior and Immunity?, researchers found that one week of eating junk food was enough to impair the memory of rats.
- It is believed that the bad fats in fast food replaces the healthy fats in the brain and so impairs brain functions.