Does it feel like you?ll be the next one with winter blues? You can escape from being captured by the somber winter by doing one of the following which will help in alleviating your spirits by just the look of it. If only people knew that moods can be altered using ambience, one would try just about any combination from the following that are sure to add a lot of warmth and color to your winter.
Here are 10 ways to combat the whites and blues that seem to crowd the winter around you.
- Re-Arrange Rooms ? The best and cost effective way of bringing in more light to your room or to alter your mood is to re-arrange your rooms. Throw away all unwanted stuff (please leave out all material attachments). Place the cots in such a way that natural light falls on it. This will not only lift your spirits but also ensure that the rooms are tidier.
- Add Vibrant Colors ? Add bright colors to the duller areas of your house. They will be loud and bring cheerfulness along the way. I will be nearly impossible to feel the gloom of winter.
- Juggle with lights ? Remove the white lights and add the yellow lights that give you the effect of warm sunlight. Add lights to the areas that are dark. If you are upto it, buy colorful lamp shades that add more life to the rooms.
- Plantations ? Add small plants and flowers in the rooms, especially the living room. The presence of flowers is known to add brightness to rooms, ones spirit and eventually their lives.
- Change The Curtains ? It?s time to be sans curtains or add colorful curtains to your rooms. Let alone beautify the rooms, curtains add a touch of splendor.
- Mirror ? mirror on the wall ? Place mirrors near the entrance with a light that could be reflected adding more brightness to the rooms.
- Play With Art ? Add modern or historical art pieces in your rooms. By doing this you can skip doing the painting job. When art is placed at the right points it adds a royal or chic look to your rooms.
- Furniture ? If you are bugged with the same old furniture that you have been using for years together, use this as an opportunity for good riddance. By a piece of stylish furniture and give a new look to your home.
- Carpets, Cushions And Doormats ? Remove doormats that are unnecessarily placed. Add carpets to your rooms based on the color theme (a contrast is what will do the job) and throw in some small cushions with a combination of colors. The arrangement is all that matters.
- Wall Stickers ? The market is flooded with wall stickers of varying sizes and shapes. Choose the dullest areas at your place and stick a fairy or a family tree that will create more interest.
These are some of the best things to indulge in to drive out the winter blues, because just the thought of doing these may create the excitement. Imagine what it would be like to indulge in the actual process!!