Before we start why we call Avocado a super food. Are you familiar with the word Super Food?
To know about Super Foods click here.
Avocado got the status of Super food because of its nutrients and anti- oxidants which serves wonderful health benefits. It is unique fruit which is high in healthy fats compared to other fruits that are usually high in carbohydrates.
Whether you want a glowing skin or a strong heart, Avocado is the best option that boosts your health in numerous ways.
Nutritional content Of Avocado
- Vitamin K & Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B5 & Vitamin B6
- Very small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, B1 & B2.
Why Avocados are Super foods and How they are good for Us?
Super food is food that gives a high quantity of nutrients and antioxidants, which in turn benefits our health, from preventing illness and diseases to reducing dangerous elements, while reinforcing immune system.
Avocados is one such fruit which comes under super food. Super tasty food with high nutritional content in it. It contains mono saturated fat, one of the healthiest fats found rarely in fruits Thus making it a Super Food.
In simpler terms,it can be said Super Foods makes us healthier.
- Promotes heart health by lowering bad LDL cholesterol and boosting good HDL cholesterol.
- It helps in controlling weight by keeping fuller for longer time.
- Avocado sugars helps in boosting collagen in the epidermis which softens and moist the epidermis, thus promotes good skin health.
- Avocados contain folic acid and vitamin B that are important nutrients to protect the foetus against birth defects.
- Avocados reduce pain and inflammation of osteoarthritis because of its anti-inflammatory property.
- Reduces the growth of cancerous cells, thus fighting against inflammation and cancer..
Avocados are not only healthy but delicious too. You can add Avocados to many recipes or foods.
No need of rigorous process or cook before eating, simply add them in salads or eat it raw.
Also you can add some pepper and squeeze some lemon juice to the cut avocados and consume it!
Of course, the skin of avocados is not edible. So, don’t forget to peel it off!