Often people lose their cool, mostly due to the everyday stressful life. However, it is important that you know what the advantages of mindfulness of emotions offers you.
You might wonder how anger which is a negative aspect related to brain a positive aspect such as exercise which is physical – can actually help in controlling anger.
Their surely is a link, which is proved by scientists.
People affected by high level of stress often suffer from anger, as both stress and anger go hand in hand.
Advantages of Practicing Mindfulness of Emotions
Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy.
So what happens when you begin practicing mindfulness of emotions
- You begin converting negative energy into positive energy
- You begin focusing your positive energy into more productive work.
- Your interpersonal relationships become healthier
- You begin reasoning as to why you are getting angry
- You try to find out a solution for the exact reason
- You finally learn to manage emotions – better.
Managing Anger Through Yoga
It is possible to enhance hormones that reduce anger or negativity in you through certain yoga poses. All you need to do is concentrate on the poses and get into a meditative state while doing them.
I would recommend you to simply get to the pose, be mindful of how you look from above your body, concentrate on your pituitary ( a point just on your head) and forget anything else.
Here are few exercises which can be done on regular basis to help you control the anger and in turns helps you to think better in those difficult situations.
These poses does not require any equipment, but they also tame your mind and allow you to think clearly. The workout is to be done without a break and the entire sequence should be repeated two or three times.
Naukasana of Boat Pose
- Start by sitting flat on the floor with your knees bent and feet straight on the floor.
- Secondly, place your hands behind you slightly bending your elbows and lean back and lift your legs towards your body and balancing your body on your butt.
- Now balancing on your butt, push your legs outward and balance. Then bring them back to the original position, i.e., towards your body. This leads to completion of 1rep. Do 2 such rep.
- I find it easy to go for a count of 25, beginign with 5. go to the pose,s tay till a count of 25 and then release, relax and do it again.
Also read Benefits Of Yoga
Dandasan or the Forward Plank
- Firstly lie flat facing the floor, slowly bring both the elbows in the front and lift your body high, making your spine long and abs tight.
- Now, shift your weight to the lower body and raise your hips high, and the elbow still resting on the floor, making a hill position.
- Shift your weight forward and return to the forearm plank position. Do 20 such rep.
- Using your elbows also is good it alo gives a reduction in the fat deposted on the biceps.
Bhujangasan or Cobra Pose
- Lie flat on your tummy, hand directly below your shoulders, elbows close to your torso, and keep your legs one foot apart.
- Straightening your elbows, slowly lift your upper body and keep a straight back and chin up. Do not lift your hips, it should be flat on the floor.
- Holding this position turn left and right and hold in the centre for 10sec and lower your body to the initial position and then repeat. Doing 20 reps.
- By far the easiest pose and relaxes your spine too
Don’t miss to read Yoga and Health
Viparita Shalabasana or the Superman Pose
- Lie flat on your stomach, with your legs apart and forehead resting on the floor.
- Slight lift your hands, legs and the torso, gazing the floor and the weight resting on the tummy. Hold this position for 5 sec and lie flat, the repeat again. A set of 20 counts.
Balasana or Child Pose
- First start by kneeling on the floor with the butt resting on the heels, ensuring the legs are kept close and the knees are kept wide.
- Secondly, bring your upper body in the front, where your torso is lying in between the thighs and your hands on the floor.
- Stretch your hands front and the palm flat on the floor and take a deep breath and hold for 10 sec and release and go back to original position and then repeat again. A set of 20 counts.
These workout will help you control stress and angry and divert them in the right direction.
Do a simple meditation of 10 minutes after shavasana, mindmap your day after the mindful meditation and then you are ready to get going to your super duper busy life.