Somewhere in the past, I heard someone telling me very softly “say thank you before you go to bed daily”.
It was like angelic verse to me and since then I have never gone to bed without saying -Thank You
I have never regretted any deed I have done anytime, because with time I have learnt that there is a power that keeps driving me in the right direction.
Thus began this practice of Gratitude.
Begin Practicing Gratitude
To start with you always need to have a strong belief in nature. Nature according to me has power so great that you would feel that changes within and outside you as you begin.
We have the habit of grumbling so much that when you want to express gratitude, the first thing that comes to mind is what we don’t want to remember. You grumble rather than being thankful.
Well, I for one would advice to take some time and analyze why things that you were unhappy happened?
Did that moment of unhappiness lead to greater happiness later?
Did that unhappy moment hurt less that another larger one which would have happened if you had carried on as you were?
well, 99% of the time your brain would connect you why things happened as they did. You would sure be thankful to what happened actually.
To gain all these experiences you need to begin practicing gratitude.
How Do You Begin To Practice Gratitude
Gratitude requires a lot of practice, it is like a meditation and needs a lot of patient practice. Here are 5 ways you wan practice Gratitude.
- Gratitude Journal -Maintain a gratitude journal, list down 10 things you are thankful for everyday. To motivate yourself, you can write in different colors each day, such as blue for monday, red for tuesday and so on. This will make you guilty if you miss a day and hence practice gratitude without fail. after the initial month gratitude would be come a habit.
- Morning Routines – Every morning as you open your eyes, remember 10 things you are thankful for, close your eyes again and say Thank You, aloud 3 times. Set you alarm five minutes before your usual time, this will give enough time for you without having to hurry.
- Vow Not to Complain – This is one easy yet powerful way of practicing gratefulness. Every time you feel unhappy or angry about a person or a deed, try not to complain. Complaining attracts negativity towards you.
Try this instead – close your eyes, think of negative feeling you had for a deed, now place a positive deed in the place, and say thank you to yourself. Yes! you have become a better person.
5 Things I am Grateful This Week
- I am grateful to be what I am, where I am and how I am.
- I am grateful to my co -students for informing about the exams and presentations this week.
- I am grateful for all my household help who have been taking care of my home without my presence for almost whole of this week.
- I am grateful for my driver who doesn’t complain the tiring rides we are have had this week.
- I am grateful to god to have kept peace at home and around me.
Let me know 5 things you are grateful this week. Lets share happiness!
#NaBloPoMo #ThankfulThursdays #SimpleIndianMom
I am participating in Thankful Thursdays hosted by Tina Basu and Amrita