Hello mom! On the second day of this week I would love to share my homemade hemp seeds pesto recipe with you. Before heading towards today’s recipe, are you aware about the health benefits of hemp seeds? If not, no worries just click here.
So are you ready to learn this protein freak recipe? Here We go.
- 2-3 cups of fresh basil (Tulsi)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (or parsley)
- 1/4 cup SIM Organics Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1/4 cup Flax Seeds oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or hemp oil)
- Sea salt and Fresh ground black pepper.
How To Prepare :
- In a mixture grinder process the basil and the spinach together until coarsely chopped.
- Then add the hemp seeds, walnuts, garlic and lemon juice process it well.
- With motor running, slowly add the flax oil and olive oil (or hemp oil) until well combined.
- Season the mixture with sea salt and a bit of black pepper
NOTE : You can add more or less liquid according to desired consistency.
Toss this yummy homemade pesto in pasta or noodles you’ll love it.
Importance Of Ingredients :
- Basil contains powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which is beneficial for health.
- Spinach is good source of iron. It contains 25% of daily intake of iron which is highest among any green leafy vegetables.
- Walnuts are dense in nutrients and provide heart healthy fats. Isn’t it amazing?
- Garlic is used against problems related to heart and blood system.
- Lemon is blended with numerous of health benefits.
- Flax Seed oil is useful for rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory (swelling) diseases.
Share your thoughts in comment section below.