Learning begins at the birth and grows throughout the child’s life. Parents are responsible for both physical and mental health of their kids. Books play an important role in the development of a child. With the amount of book choices there are out there, introducing books can be a difficult task. Don’t be intimidated by it, enjoy this amazing process.
Here are the few practical tips for the parents who want to be a teacher too.
- Introduce books as a friend to your kids and not as a bunch of papers which steals their play time. Just make him feel the joy of reading book.
- Yes,Parents for the above thing to happen we should be a reader. Switch Off the T.V, shut down the laptops, sit and read to them. ENJOY READING.
- Understand their area of interest.
- If your child doesn’t enjoy reading as much understand why and work on the issue.
I know all parents wish their kids should be like Einstein. For that no need to read about Einstein always. We should know their centre of attraction (e.g) read about cars, trucks, robot etc.
Reading needn’t be informative all the time for the kids. THEY SHOULD ENJOY.
- Take the kids to the library once in a week. Also encourage them to have their own library (just a book shelf is enough).Present books along with the toys for their birthdays. Encourage them to collect books. We can also take our kids to book shops and expose them to a wide variety of books. BOTH PARENTS AND KIDS CAN ENJOY.
Meet you all shortly with more tips to make our kids “A SUPER READER”