Fenugreek seeds also popularly known as ?Methi? in India are a common ingredient in almost all the household. Apart from just a cooking ingredient, it is also rich in medical properties which constitute to a lot of health benefits, beauty, and hair and even aids weight loss.
Fenugreek contains minerals, iron, vitamins, natural soluble fibers, potassium, saponins, amino acids and much more. They are demulcent, diuretic, carminative and a great cleanser of the body and are highly mucus solvent.
Lowers Blood Cholesterol Level
Fenugreek is a rich source of steroidal saponins, which helps to reduce the cholesterol levels in the body especially the low density lipoprotein (LDL). They have a property to prevent the absorption of cholesterol and triglycerides.
One tea spoon of fenugreek in empty stomach would do all the wonders you require in your weightloss regime.
Reduce Stomach Pain
Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water and drinking the water early in the morning in empty stomach aids in weight loss and stomach aches.
It also treats the digestive disorders like loss of appetite, stomach upset, indigestion, bloating, and constipation and also eases bowel evacuation.
Fenugreek Tea promotes Lactation in Nursing Mothers
Traditionally people include fenugreek in the diet of new moms, and thus fenugreek teas can also be included.
Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight or just crush the seeds and allow it to rest in boiled water for almost 3 hrs minimum, after which you can either drink it cold and hot.
Fenugreek tea bags are available in supermarkets. It enhances the breast tissues growth and promotes the water retention thus making the breast fuller and larger.
Reduce Blood Sugar
It helps to control the blood sugar levels in the body. It contains amino acid which promotes the insulin secretion in the pancreas, which enhances lowering the blood sugar level in the body.
It helps to alleviate type 2 diabetes, as per study it is noted that a diabetic patient should consume 15 to 20 grams of fenugreek seeds everyday to control blood sugar, as it has certain amino acid which induces the production of insulin, thus overall the insulin is released slowly and thus, improving the overall functions of the body and blood sugar.
Aids Weight Loss
Drinking fenugreek soaked water or allowing them to sprout and having them in empty stomach early mornings will complement diet and exercise for weight loss. The thermogenic herb aids weight loss by suppressing appetite, increasing energy in short term, and modulating the carbohydrate metabolism.
- Fenugreek teas also provide relief from the abdominal pain during the menopausal and enhance the libido in both men and women.
- Consuming the soaked fenugreek seeds water also relieves the arthritis pain as it is enriched with anti- inflammatory properties.
- Fenugreek seeds soaked water consumed on daily basis cleans up the kidney and intestines, thus reducing the risk of kidney stones.
- It helps to reduce fever by just having the herbal tea made from fenugreek, lemon and honey.
- Fenugreek contains almost 25 percent galactomannan, which is a type of natural soluble fiber which relates to decreasing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.