Hair, though provides a lot of insulation from external environment to your body, it does create embarrassment for many. Techniques for hair removal such as waxing, shaving and the latest laser treatments all have their own positive and negative points. However to get all these treatments done you are required to frequent to your beautician who would charge heavily especially after the vat taxes added this year.
Another problem is that you need to take an appointment earlier and then be there in time to get these beauty treatments done, thus you have to get these done at some one else?s call than yours. All these can be eased out by trying these at home hair removal techniques which are
- Cost effective
- Can be done in your leisure time
- Using easily available ingredients
- No side effects
1. Papaya Turmeric Paste to Remove Unwanted Hair
Raw papaya has good content of an enzyme called papain, this enzyme has an inherent property to break down the hair follicles and forbid the growth of hair. When used regularly, you are sure to have noticeable reduction in unwanted hair growth, and being a natural exfoliate, this paste leaves your skin soft and supple.
- Raw papaya paste- 1-2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder- ? tsp
- Cut raw papaya into small pieces and grind with turmeric powder.
- Massage your face, hands and legs with paste for a few minutes and leave it on for a further 10 minutes
- Wash off with water
- You can follow this routine one a week for best results.
2. Turmeric Milk Paste to Remove Unwanted Hair
Turmeric has been known since ages for its property of reducing visible unwanted hair growth and providing protection from a number of microbial skin infections.
- Turmeric 1 to 2 tsp
- Milk (enough to make paste)
- Make a paste of turmeric and milk and apply all over your face, legs and hands
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and wash off with luke warm water.
- For better results add some gram flour to the mixture you would get a better paste and better results too.
- This paste however would leave that unpleasant yellow colour on your skin
3. Sugar-Lemon Mix to Remove Unwanted Hair
This is by far the easiest home-made recipe for unwanted hair removal. Though it is similar to the traditional waxing your skin benefits from the natural ingredients.
- White cane sugar ? 2 cups
- Lemon juice ? ? cup
- Salt (optional) ? tsp
Melt these in a heavy sauce pan over medium heat & keep stirring till it boils.
Simmer for 20 minutes till it turns to a dark amber color (gel consistency).
It shouldn?t be very sticky. (Can be used immediately or store in an air- tight glass container if it is a large batch. Can be reheated in oven before use 30 seconds-1min)
- Wash skin with cleanser & pat dry.
- Dust with baby powder.
- Apply the sugar gel in the SAME direction of hair growth with an applicator, just so that it coats the hair thinly.
- Apply muslin/cotton cloth or waxing strip over it & rub firmly.
- Hold skin taut & remove the strip quickly with one quick pull, in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Once done, wash the area & apply aloe vera gel/ice-pack over it to reduce redness & irritation.
* 5-10 drops of any essential oils (skin-friendly) can be added to the recipes, e.g. lavender / rose/ sandalwood
* Lemon juice acts as an anti-bacterial. You may substitute with white vinegar.
4. Honey and Lemon mix to Remove Unwanted Hair
Honey with lemon together makes an excellent exfoliate and also help in reducing unwanted hair in your face and body. On regular use you will see huge difference n your body and facial hair.
Honey ? 5 tsp
Lemon juice ? few drops
Rub gently for 15 minutes & wash off with lukewarm water
5. Egg and Corn flour Mask for Removal of Unwanted Hair
If you want to have a peel off face mask effect you can try this mask. The stickiness of egg white and firming effect is great along with giving best hair removal especially of your facial hairs.
- 1 Egg white
- Sugar ? 1 tsp
- Cornflour ? ? tsp
- Beat the ingredients into a smooth fluffy paste and apply lavishly to your face.
- Let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes
- After completely dry, pull the mask with firm hands; take care not to be too firm.
Almost all the above said ingredients are available at your home and they are easy to prepare. On regular use you are sure to get a silky texture in your skin and also get rid of unwanted hair from your body.
You can also use herbal products available in amazon.in