Wheat Grass Health Benefits can never be over emphasized because the benefits are so many for this humble micro-green.
People around the world have become sensitized when it comes to realisation of nutrition of foods, especially the ones that we had not considered earlier. Wheat grass is one among them and has gained popularity in a very short span of time.
Wheat Grass Health Benefits
Health has become of paramount important these days. You sure do know that you need to include fresh fruits, vegetables and of course greens in your diet daily.
In fact, more than balanced diet, concentrating on a healthy diet has begun gaining importance.
By healthy diet I do not mean that you need to totally replace fresh vegetables, but I suggest adding superfoods to your diet regularly.
In fact I would say, add superfoods to your diet every day in a form you would be able to.
Wheat grass health benefits begin with the abundant antioxidants it has and its chlorophyll content – all is just a single dose that’s easy to drink.
I personally know people who have been switching from their regular beverages to wheatgrass juice after learning of the many nutritional health benefits of whet grass. Some who can’t tolerate the grassy flavour don’t worry there is wheatgrass powder too.
Wheat Grass – The Gluten Free Microgreen
This is basically a young grass or microgreen of the common wheat Triticum aestivum which is gluten free and edible. Gluten is present in the seeds of wheat and hence at microgreen stage you get all the benefits of wheat grass without the ill effects of gluten.
Also since you can drink this power packed microgreen either by grinding fresh wheat grass or wheat grass powder in a single shot, you sure would get maximum benefits in a single go.
Wheatgrass Nutrition Facts
Experts believe that over 100 different elements are needed by a man and wheatgrass contains of the most important nutrient of them – The Chlorophyll.
This chlorophyll actually gives the signature colour that is bright green colour. It acts as a natural liver cleanser and detoxifier, a blood strengthener , an antioxidant and also helps in boosting your energy.
But other than chlorophyll wheatgrass has loads amino acids which is useful to build proteins, enzymes for digestion and many other vitamins and minerals needed for the body
Wheatgrass Is A Superfood With Following Nutrients
Wheat grass as a superfood has been packed with a wonderful combination of nutrients that are extremely useful for your well-being. It has many therapeutic benefits and is used to stay healthy naturally.
Some of the nutrients wheatgrass has are
Antioxidants like flavonoids and phenolic acid
Electrolytes including magnesium and calcium
Rich Source Of Chlorophyll
Wheat grass being a microgreen is a very rich source of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is a natural cleanser of many of your body organs and is considered to have a number of health benefits.
- Chlorophyll, especially from an organically grown source is found to have the capability of helping the plant leaves absorb and store more than 100 of the 112 minerals found in soil. Wheat grass is found to have almost 92 of these minerals including selenium, iron, magnesium and so on which are found to keep your body immune.
- Chlorophyll has antibacterial properties which is very helpful in healing your body from within
- The most important function of chlorophyll found in abundance in wheat grass is the neutralizing effect it has. It can totally alkalize your body and make it so strong from within that you can even fight any kind of cancer
- Chlorophyll also helps in keeping the heart fit, regulation of the digestive system, keeps your urinary tract free of any infections and also help the respiratory system wade away any pollution effects.
Wheat Grass Helps Boost Metabolism
Wheat grass is an excellent choice if you want to increase your metabolism and reduce weight. Wheat grass being a superfood is naturally nutrient dense – 4 teaspoons of wheat grass made into a smoothie will keep you full for longer time than any other food.
Since all the four teaspoons are nutrients with low calories, you sure are going to be benefited by better absorption of nutrients.
Wheat grass also Lowers high Cholesterol
Wheat grass is used in treating hyperlipidemia and helps to lower your high cholesterol levels, inflammation and oxidative stress.
Boosts Immunity and Protects From Cancer
The health Benefits of Wheat grass also include boosting you Immune system.
A study conducted by Israeli scientists showed that wheat grass juice was beneficial in treating distal ulcerative colitis.
Wheat grass is also has antioxidants and flavonoids that provides assistance in the process of self-destruction of cancerous cells.
Other than helping in cancer is also helps in immune related conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, haematological diseases, diabetes and obesity.
Helps You Stay Young Longer
Studies from the past have indicated that antioxidants are capable of inhibiting lipid peroxidation in the liver and protect cells. This in turn lowers oxidation that happens within cells and thereby reducing symptoms of aging.
Many diseases can also be contained and controlled by reducing oxidation happening within cells.
How To Integrate Wheatgrass Into Your Daily Routine
- You can use two to three teaspoons of wheat grass powder in you smoothie on a regular basis
- If fresh wheat grass is chosen to be ground make sure to lightly blanch it in hot water to get rid of harmful microbes
- You can consume wheat grass juice in empty stomach or by mixing with other fruit juices.
So no matter what your current health is, one can always add wheatgrass in the form of powder to your daily diet. One can use wheatgrass as an addition to your daily diet but not as a supplement of any meal and certainly not a replacement.
Precautions while Using Wheat Grass
So now that you know all the benefits of having wheat grass, you should also take care of a few things
- If you find any allergic reactions such as nausea, stomach pain, head ache or throat ache after having wheatgrass, make sure to keep away from it.
- This is a natural nutrient supplier so do not expect miracles within short period of time.
You can buy organic wheat grass powder from SIM Organics