It is not only a healthy boost but also a treat to have some sweet and juicy grapes. Grapes, especially the red and purple ones are full of vitamins, minerals,and antioxidants that keep us healthy. Grapes are loaded with manganese, thiamine, potassium and vitamin C, B6 and K. All the nutrients and antioxidants in grapes help the body by preventing heart disease, stroke, help in preventing blood clots and high blood pressure. They also strengthen the connective tissues. Therefore it is Grapes- A Super Food.
Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Grapes
- The top producers of grapes in the world are the United States and Italy.
- Grape is a type of berry.
- Grapes come in different colors – green, yellow, pink, black, purple and red. The green colored grapes are also called as white grapes.
- One cup of grapes is only 104 calories and it has 0% fat.
- 100 grams of grapes contain 16 grams of sugar, thus, providing a lot of energy to the body.
- Red and purple grapes contain an antioxidant called resveratrol. This antioxidant helps in strengthening the immune system and is an effective anti-aging element.
- The seed of grapes is used for medicinal purposes. It helps in treating poor circulation, high cholesterol,and nerve damage.
- Grapes- A Super Food stay fresh in the refrigerator. When placed in room temperature for a long time, they ferment and get spoiled.
- Viticulture or Viniculture is the name given to the science of growing grapes.
How are Grapes beneficial to Health?
- Weight Management
The flavonoids present in grapes is helpful in weight maintenance. They make the best snack as they are nutrient-dense.
Grapes reduce cellular damage and protect cell membranes because of the anti-inflammatory properties present in it.
- Heart Health
Grapes- A Super Food are best when it comes to the health of our heart. They help to regulate blood pressure, improve the blood flow and protect our vascular system.
- Brain Health
Grapes boost our cognition.Research suggests that grapes may help support brain health by working in multiple ways – from reducing oxidative stress in the brain to promoting healthy blood flow in the brain to helping maintain levels of a key brain chemical that promotes memory to exerting anti- inflammatory effects.
- Skin Health
Some studies suggest that grapes shield our skin cells from UV light radiation. Black grapes are high in antioxidants which carry anti-inflammatory properties that can heal and protect against sun damage, dark spots, and inflammation.
- Lowers The Risk Of Diabetes
The oxidants found in grapes improves the blood sugar regulation. Make sure to eat grapes in the least-processed form.
- Hydrates Body
Grapes contain more than 80% of water. Thus, consuming grapes makes your body and skin stay hydrated which is beneficial.
- Reduces The Risk Of Cancer
The skin of red grapes is particularly a rich source of an antioxidant called resveratrol. This antioxidant helps to keep the cancer from beginning or spreading.
Even after the grapes have gone through the fermentation process, phenolic compounds are still present in them. Thus, consuming wine in moderation helps in improving health.
Do You Know?
One need not look at whether grapes are ripe or not because grapes are not picked until they are ripe. But what needs to be checked is the taste. Observing the color is the best way to find the sweetness.
- Green grapes- a super food that are light green tastes sweeter than the ones that are grass green.
- Red grapes in crimson colortaste
- Blue grapes must almost be black in color for a good taste.